- CVTV VIDEOS
- Business News
Before listing your Carmel Valley home for sale, here are a 5 quick and easy ways to update the look of your home and will boost your Carmel Valley homes value.
While these tips are easy on the wallet, they can certainly pay off when it comes time to sell.
1. Give your Carmel Valley home a bath. Power washing the exterior of your home is a fast way to refresh the exterior and it will look like you just had the whole house painted!!
2. Update the bathroom. A few ways you can update the look of your bathroom is if you have old laminate flooring replace it with new tile, switch out the shower curtain and add new towels, or you could add new finishes to the drawers and cabinets.
3. Paint. This is one of the least expensive ways to update a home and change the look dramatically. By adding a new color scheme to any room, it can update the whole look and overall feel of the home. Neutrals and earth tones are best.
4. Let there be light. Replace old light fixtures with new ones or add a couple of ceiling fans. Most fans come with lights attached and there are many styles to choose from. Not only will it brighten the room, but adding a ceiling fan can also be energy efficient.
5. Add storage. You don’t have to go all out on an expensive closet organization system, there are plenty of DIY systems that don’t have to cost too much. The Elfa system from the Container Store is a quick way to add storage space to any closet or garage and are interchangeable.
For sellers it’s critical in a tough market to hire a team that offers “out of the box” marketing expertise to allow your home to stand out of the crowd. For buyers it’s important to work with an agent who knows where to focus on and how to negotiate the best deal. Call the Dalzell Group, Carmel Valley REALTORS, at (858) 755-7740 today to see how we can help you.
If you would like to find your homes current value or get up to date real estate market trend reports in your Carmel Valley neighborhood, visit our new Dalzell Group San Diego Market Trends website today!