Goodbye summer hello gorgeous! Fall is finally approaching and am I ever excited! When I think of fall, I picture cozy scarves, a Nordies boot sale, Starbucks pumpkin lattes and of course flowing luxurious rich hair color! This is the time to reinvent yourself! Start with a fresh attitude and go with show stopping multi dimensional hair color this season! Brunettes hoping for a change and blondes especially can add depth and shine to their former summer strands by adding yummy caramel or delicious mocha low lights & color panels. For blondes in particular, this actually makes your existing tired looking locks pop, while inserting a customized color that no one else has! This is Grande! A recipe oozing with effortless beauty designed with you in mind!
Buy yourself a little insurance with these tips
- Always be sure to protect your Investment- a.k.a hair color, by committing to a deep conditioning mask weekly. In salon or at home.
- Use the recommended professional products to keep your hair at its best potential. Your stylist firmly believes in the line she carries, and wants you to be happy all year long, not just the day you leave the salon!
- Never use your hot tools on the highest heat setting-this actually burns off hair color.
- Be glad you’re not dipping into the water for several months. Your hair will thank you! Chlorine, salt water and any mineral build up will make your stylists precious formula dwindle by the day.
- A filter on your shower head will do wonders.
- Make sure you never ever and I mean never use a “Wet-to-dry” flat iron!
Fall is the perfect time to get your hair in serious repair mode and by following a few basic rules you can get closer to your desired color goal than you think! Remember, healthy hair equals happy color and happy color equals happy client.
My clients love these tips and after just a few weeks, the proof is in the pudding! Eat up and see ya soon!
Meghan Carraher is a passionate Sassoon hair stylist and colorist at Salona Mar Salon, a quaint boutique hair studio in Solana Beach, CA. In the fashion side of hair, Meghan has worked under world reknown Wella hairstylists in Los Angeles, bringing San Diego a taste of the celebrity treatment and trends yet in a comfortable and peaceful spa like salon. Her professional highlights include working the Emmy’s, Oscars, Grammy’s and Golden Globes, as well as leading ad campaigns for national brands including Charlotte Russe. Meghan uses her 10 year esthetician background to create a relaxing and unique hair experience, including hand/arm massages during color processes, options for facials/peel ad ons and waxing. Meghan prides herself on a perfect blow-dry that lasts for days, and amongst her peers is considered the Blow-out Queen!