- CVTV VIDEOS
- Business News
1. Drink more water! Increase your water consumption and you will automatically be better prepared to lose weight.
2. Eat more fiber – in particular low starch vegetables. Vegetables are almost calorie free foods. You could eat pounds of vegetables every day and still lose weight, while remaining full.
3. Get your body moving! Find a fitness activity that you love and DO it. You can sign up for every gym membership in the world, but if you don’t find something you love that you will stick with, you will never achieve your goals. I personally fell in love with pilates and barre – thus the reason Fit in 60 Pilates and Barre exists. However, if your interest is spinning, or hiking, or cross fit – just pick the thing that motivates you to move.
4. Find an exercise buddy. Studies show that people who have a fitness partner remain more accountable and are significantly more likely to achieve their health, fitness, and weight loss goals. Fit in 60 is designed to be small group fitness classes, and to create a community of health and wellness. We want you to find people who have similar goals that you will see frequently and hold each other accountable. But wherever you go, and whatever you do – try to find a fitness buddy who will hold you accountable!
5. Everything in moderation. Unless you have a food intolerance or allergy – don’t label foods as “bad”. As soon as you label something as off limits – your mind unconsciously just wants more and more of it. If you love chocolate – have a piece after dinner and savor every bite. If you love wine – have a glass with dinner – just don’t drink the whole bottle. Learn to savor your loves rather than just downing them out of habit.
Adrenal glands – what’s that? I know. Most of us don’t know what our adrenals are until they are tired and not functioning properly. The adrenal glands are little bitty glands on top of the kidneys that are responsible for regulating our endocrine system through distributing hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. They are often responsible for creating and regulating your “Fight or Flight Responses”. They are also responsible for helping control your weight, controlling your hunger, controlling cravings, emotions and more.
If you have been diagnosed with a sluggish thyroid, you may find that you also have fatigued adrenals.
Unfortunately many of us are walking around with fatigued adrenals, but don’t know it because we are so used to living with exhaustion and fatigue.
Ways to determine if YOUR adrenal glands are fatigued:
There are many more ways to determine if your adrenals are exhausted. But these are five of the most common and easily determined. If you are experiencing chronic fatigue and mood swings – then you might want to consider some lifestyle changes to improve your adrenal support and allow them time to heal!
Originally from the Midwest, Amy moved to San Diego in 2001. A graduate of Valparaiso University, Amy had been a Financial Advisor since 1997. When Amy began taking Pilates with her neighbor Wendy, in 2006, she fell in love with the method and benefits of the program and knew she wanted to help others achieve their fitness goals. It was not until Amy took her first barre class that she discovered her true passion for fitness. She loved the challenge and energy of each class. And more importantly, she was excited by the results as her body became more toned than through any other workout routine she had tried in the past. Amy would be one of the best testimonials for Fit in 60 Pilates and Barre. In less than a month’s time, attending 4-5 classes a week, Amy went from a size 10/12 to a size 6. She came home one day and told her husband, Mike that “if every girl knew this, every girl would do it.” Amy is passionate about getting to know her clients and provide modifications and corrections to challenge every client, while making classes as safe as possible. Amy lives in Carlsbad with her husband, Mike, and her dog Emma. She loves what she does, and is thrilled to present the Fit in 60 workout to Carlsbad and Carmel Valley and is eager to help women look and feel great!