Step By Step Guide to a Guilt Free Thanksgiving
Photo by Layla Mazdyasni
During this Thanksgiving season, its important for the community of Carmel Valley San Diego to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Here are just some quick and simple suggestions to having a Guilt Free Thanksgiving!
- Before the eating frenzy even gets started, down 2 glasses of water.
- Regulate hunger
- Speed up metabolism
- Oven baked NOT deep fried.
- Deep fried denatures the protein (makes it unusable by body) and adds much more fat
- Protein will provide sustained energy
- Green Beans w/Almonds
- Broccoli w/Cashews
- Mix healthy fats with fibrous veggies for good nutrients and satiety
- Higher in fiber and vitamins A and C than standard potatoes
- Add cinnamon instead of brown sugar as a thermogenic that speeds metabolism and helps burn body fat
- Secret weapon at the end of your meal to keep you from being bloated
- High in Malic acid, which aids in digestion
Stuffing and Gravy
- Limit quantity to a few tablespoons each
- 1 cup of stuffing is roughly 400 calories
- 1 cup gravy is roughly 300 calories
- Caramel Apples
- 5 grams of fiber 286 calories.
- Fun for the kids & portion control
- Versus a piece of pumpkin pie 2 grams of fiber and 450 calories
- Keep meat veggie dishes
- According to USDA, cooked turkey is only safe in fridge 2 to 3 days. So week long leftovers can make you sick. Let someone else take the stuffing and pie home
Kyle Brown is a health and nutrition expert whose portfolio includes everything from leading workshops for Fortune 500 companies and publishing nutrition articles in top-ranked fitness journals, to training celebrity clientele –from pro athletes to CEOs to multi-platinum recording artists. In 2010 and 2011, Kyle was voted San Diego’s Best Personal Trainer by the readers of The San Diego Union Tribune and Signonsandiego.com. Kyle is the CEO and the creator of FIT 365®, an all-natural, complete low-calorie meal in a shake. Kyle is also the author of the forthcoming book Secrets of a Champion.